I am overwhelmed by the appreciation and kindness bestowed upon me in the past few days by fellow bloggers! First the ‘Liebster‘ by Confluent Kitchen and now a double nomination for ‘The Versatile Blogger‘ award by Max Reynolds Photography (Max photographs the most beautiful ‘sunscapes’!) and Francine In Retirement (Francine’s wonderful images are a real treat! Do check them out!) Thank you Francine and Max! Touched and honoured that you think me deserving!
As a recipient of the award I have to:
Thank the person who gave me this award and include a link to their blog.
Tell the person (s) who nominated me 7 things about myself.
Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
So here goes 🙂
7 things about me that you didn’t know before:
1. I hail from a small town in South India, presently live in a large crowded (not pretty) metropolis and speak a dialect of one of the 14 official languages called ‘Tulu’! But fluent in a couple more (although we can get by here with ‘Hinglish’) and hoping to add French and Spanish to the kitty (if and when I find the time)
2. I am mother to a wonderful daughter and grandmother to two adorable boys – 11 and 6 – who are my joy, my life! Now that doesn’t mean I am old! I missed Liz Taylor’s record of being the youngest grandmother (she’s the youngest I know of anyway) by a couple of years! Shall leave you to do the math 🙂
3. I am an interior designer and worked with several architects before freelancing. I hate how interior designers are called interior decorators here. As far as I am concerned, a perfectly designed space needs no ‘decoration’! That’s the reason I prefer designing commercial spaces to residential. So a bit of a control freak 🙂
4. Furniture design is close to my heart. I designed a series of stone furniture a few years ago – dining tables, consoles etc – (executed by R) which sold out in a matter of days to his utter amazement! (That’s how much he knows me!) I think I had a great thing going but he won’t make them for me anymore because he does not have the capacity (in his factory) or the time for custom pieces 😦 Haven’t given up on that yet. Hoping he will read this and change his mind!
5. I think I have borderline OCD. R calls it full blown, but I wouldn’t take his word for it! He doesn’t know me at all! Read no. 4!
6. I have never been to the USA! No great shakes? Say that to an Indian! In india you do not amount to much if you haven’t visited the US of A! Now you know why those poor visa guys are overworked.
7. I mentioned I love desserts. I didn’t say how much. I can polish off a one litre tub of ice cream in one sitting and still have room for more! I also rate travel destinations based on the availability of good desserts. Paris, Italy and Buenos Aires (OMG the Dulce de Leche ice cream!) are up there and China at the bottom of the heap! No wonder they are all so skinny!
Now for my list of nominees……hope you enjoy them as much as I have:
1. A Travellers Tale
2. 365 from the archive
3. Ruth E Hendricks Photography
4. What an Amazing World!
5. Plus Ultra
6. Beyond the Brush
7. Meg Travels
8. Fancy That….Fancy This
9. Bones Dairy
10. A word in your ear
13. The Sacred Cave
14. Shards of China
15. Mike’s Look at Life
Congratulations guys! You owe me one 🙂